Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 8

Natalie and Leah woke me up at about five minutes to seven. They got out some wooden magnent dolls, and we played with those for about two minutes before they changed their minds on what to play. After putting the dolls away, we played ponies. That lasted a bit longer, but was filled mostly with Natalie's pony going shopping, then handing out brushes to all the other ponies. As soon as Natalie and Leah tired of that, Natalie got out a pack of cards andwe played War. It was fun, but she played it differently than I do, so I was little confused. Then Braden wanted to play, and War doesn't really work with more than two people,so we soon quit that and played Uno. Natalie told Leah that she couldn't be on her team, Leah had to be on mine. She wanted to hold the cards, and she wouldn't listen to me when I advised her on which cards to put down, so mostly I was just observing the other kids play. Leah won, though. A little bit after that, the adults got up, and we all ate breakfast. After a bit more packingfrom Aunt Kari's family, we all got in our cars and left for Williamsburg. We drove for a few hours, and while we drove, I watched That Thing You Do. After it was over, Uncle Jeremy, who we were following, pulled off the freeway unexpectedly. He stopped at a hot dog place which apparently they had been to before. The hot dogs were actually pretty good, for a random, dirty, roadside resturaunt. After eating there, we drove for a boring seven more hours. There's really not much else to tell. We checked into our hotels that night.

1 comment:

  1. You know, somtimes those questionable, dirty, roadside joints are the best places to eat! As long as they don't give you the runs, he he. I am loving hearing the descriptions of Kari's kiddos...they remind me so much of her, I love it-

    ReplyDelete