Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 5

We got up late this morning. We all had some breakfast, then completely repacked the car. (I couldn't find anything all day!) After visiting a minute with Uncle Dick and Aunt Evelyn, we left. I asked Grandma if I could watch a movie, since we wouldn't be stopping fof a while. At first she said no, but then Grandpa talked her into letting mewatch Enchanted. I had to stop it in the middle, though, because I was getting car-sick. I probably wouldn't have, except that it was snowing and hailing, and Grandma was jerking and sliding all over the place. Soon, though, I was able to finish the movie. A little while after that, we stopped at Little America and got fifty-cent ice cream cones. The ice cream was stacked twice as tall asa regular cone, and the ice cream was really good. The car had icicles hanging off the bottom! A bit after that, we stopped at the Lincoln Monument which is in a rest area in Nebraska. It was taller than I remember it being. There was ice and snow everywhere, and we were slipping and sliding all over the place! When Grandpa took our picture by the statue, I could barely keep my eyes open, because there was ice being blown into them. We got some gas after that, and Grandma figured we had two and a half hours left of the car ride. So, she let me watch Miss Congeniality. Two and a half hours later, Grandma said we still had an hour and a half to go, so I watched Monsters Inc. When we got to the city we had reservations in, it took us a full fifteen minutes to find the Howard Johnson's we were staying at. Their sign wasn't lit up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got there safe! It sounds like it was a dangerous day. I hope tomorrow is better traveling. Don't rot your brain out with too many movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you gave your mother a heart attack with your description of Grandma's driving, ha ha. Hooray for watching movies in the car, it makes the trip a lot less painful.

    ReplyDelete