Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 2

We got up and left Motel 6 quickly in the morning. We had a drive of about two hours ahead of us, so I decided I wanted to watch another movie. After convincing Grandma and Grandpa that I would not throw up again, I watched a Disney movie. Soon, we arrived at Uncle Dick and Aunt Evelyn's house in Utah. Cousin Teria and her husband Jed. It was really fun to see them, since I'd never met them before. (At least that I can remember.) The adults talked for a while, and I just entertained myself on the couch. When it was time for Grandma's appointment with Diane, her hairdresser, we all left but Aunt Evelyn. Teria and Jed went to visit Jed's mother, and Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Dick and I went to Grandma's appointment. Grandma had Diane not only cut my bangs like they agreed, but trimmed the rest of my hair too. Then Grandpa, Uncle Dick and I left Grandma to her appointment. We took Uncle Dick's car to Gossner's (a food store) and shopped. We got a couple of cheese dips, some cheese curds, and some licorice ice cream for Grandma. After we bought the food, Grandpa bought him and me some ice cream. He got banana nut and chocolate cherry, and I got chocolate cherry and chocolate sundae. Then we left for Aunt Evelyn's. When we got there, Aunt Evelyn gave me a book to read, House on the Hill. I really like it so far. Grandma and Teria and Jed got back at the same time, so we all had dinner together. It was a delicious homemade dinner from Evelyn, with pies and angel food cake for dessert. The adults had a half-hour long discussion/fight about whether or not the "bad" son from The Prodigal Son*  really repented or not. Finally, we played Mexican Train. When Teria and Jed left a long while later, the other adults talked for a while while I read my book. Soon, we went to bed. (Except I didn't actually go to bed right away, I had to read a chapter of my book first.) It was my first time since I was about four sleeping in a room by myself. It was great! (No offense, Liz.) I was kind of cold, though.


*A father, in response to his demands, gives the younger of his two sons his inheritance before the father dies. The younger son, after wasting his fortune (the word 'prodigal' means 'wastefully extravagant'), goes hungry during a famine. He then repents and returns home, where the father holds a feast to celebrate his return. The older son refuses to participate, stating that in all the time the son has worked for the father, he did not even give him a goat to celebrate with his friends. His father reminds the older son that everything the father has is the older son's, but that they should still celebrate the return of the younger son as he has come back to them. It is the third and final part of a cycle on redemption, following the Parable of the Lost Sheep and the Parable of the Lost Coin.

1 comment:

  1. Is your hair really cute? You probably did need a hair cut, so I hope you thanked Grandma. I'm glad you got to spend time with Teria and Jed. They are really fun!

    ReplyDelete