Sunday, September 7, 2014

Trek

In June, our stake had a pioneer trek. We left on Monday, and met our families. My Ma and Pa were the Halls. My siblings were Tyler, Sierra, Haley, Will, Aiden, Hunter, Charlie, and Chris/Freddy/Janessa. We had a lot of fun. Our Ma and Pa were really fun and had great senses of humor. On the second day, we walked for about half the day, then climbed a huge hill, and we had to use ropes to pull the handcarts up. On the third day, we had to cross a river, and the girls got carried across the river by some of the boys. On the third day we had the women's pull. It was difficult, but overall, a great experience. We made it back to Zion later that day. We got to sleep on the soft green grass that night, but my family had a little party before that. We ran around in the dark, scaring people who were going to and from the bathroom. We also played star games, and chased each other around. It was a really fun, really late night. The next day we all went home.

Putting on my shoes
Being carried across the "river"
This is the women's pull
My family!
During a nighttime fireside
My family, again
This was in the early morning
My family pulling our cart up a hill
Shannon, Abby, and I
My family and our handcart, one last time

A few weeks ago, In August, My trek family had our reunion. We had a grill, but we accidentally set the house on fire. Or, Ma did anyway. She was grilling a little too close to the wall. It's okay, though, It only burned the paint. Hunter pointed it out. "Hey you guys know your house is on fire, right?" After our exciting dinner, (Ma cooked the burgers inside after that) we talked, and I kind of started a big water fight, too. I hit Pa with a water balloon, and I think that after that, everyone hit me at least once. Hunter and Pa both poured icey water on me, but I got Hunter back. (I may have thrown ice at him.) I got soaked, and I soaked Charlie, too. It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment